Coming Fall 2017
Not By Bread Alone
Daily Reflections for Lent 2018
From Liturgical Press.
Recent Work in Print
- "Overflowing with God's Glory" Give Us This Day, April 2017 introductory essay
- "All Flame" Give Us This Day, 25 December 2016
- "The Wisdom of the Nets" Give Us This Day, 1 September 2016
- "Pope writes most tender answers to kids' hardest questions" A review of Pope Francis' book for children Dear Pope Francis. Catholic News Service. April 2016
- "We are never alone" Give Us This Day, May 2016 (reflection on Psalm 139: from you knit me together in my mother's womb to If I bed down in Sheol—there You are); won 3rd place at 2017 Catholic Press Association Awards, for best essay in a spirituality magazine.
- "Into the Torrents of Time" Give Us This Day, 26 March 2016 (a reflection for Easter Vigil)
- "A Hard Teaching" Give Us This Day, 4 October 2015 (a reflection on marriage for the opening of the 2016 Synod on the Family)
- "Una conversación imaginada: El encuentro de la ciencia y la fe" AL DÍA, 22 September 2015 (fiction) (English here)
- "Prayer Before Study" Give Us This Day, September 2015 (on St. Thomas Aquinas' prayer before study)
- Overwhelmed by the Word" Give Us This Day, 1 July 2015
- "Stealing Moments of Quiet" Catholic Update, May 2015
- "Listen" Give Us This Day, 12 March 2015
- "Sacred Family Portraits" Give Us This Day, 28 December 2014
- Sick and you cared for me, Homilies and Reflections for Cycle B (Homilists for the Homeless, ed. James Knipper): 9th and 21st Sundays in Ordinary Time, Clear Faith Publishing, 2014.
- "An Ineluctable Longing" Give Us This Day, 15 August 2014
- "Uninhibited Prayer" Give Us This Day, 1 March 2014
- Naked and You Clothed Me, Homilies and Reflections for Cycle A (Homilists for the Homeless, ed. James Knipper): 2nd Sunday of Lent and 7th Sunday of Easter, Clear Faith Publishing, 2013.
- "A Light Undimmed," Give Us This Day, 1 January 2013
- "Credo," Give Us This Day, 1 June 2013
- "Murmuring," Give Us This Day, 13 December 2013
- "Uninhibited Prayer,"Give Us This Day, 1 March 2014
- "Silence Speaks Volumes," Liguorian Magazine October 2013
- Como vivir tu penitencia, (Spanish translation of pamphlet Living Your Penance: Reconciliation and Renewal), Liguori Press, 2013 (Kindle version here)
My regular column can be found at the Archdiocese of Philadelphia's news site CatholicPhilly.com (formerly The Catholic Standard & Times), where I've been writing since 2008. Read a column from December 2015 here.
- "Stammering about God" at Bearings Online
- Blogging at Quantum Theology
- Contributor to Loyola Press' DotMagis
- Past contributor to This Ignatian Life and RevGalBlogPals
- An Ignatian Prayer Adventure: an 8-part series at Loyola Press' DotMagis blog on the 18th annotation version of St. Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises. Browse the full series here.
- Unplugged (video), New York Times 15 August 2010
- Seven Pages of Solitude (short podcast series for Lent and Advent)
- Reaching deeper while in silence, Philadelphia Inquirer, op-ed page, 29 June 2007